Humboldt Mfg. Co., located in the United States, is a leading manufacturer and supplier of construction materials testing equipment. Our equipment is used extensively throughout the world for testing soil, concrete, cement, asphalt and aggregate in construction projects. These projects include roads; bridges; dams; earthworks, and buildings. Humboldt is known for manufacturing high-quality, competitively-priced equipment designed to comply with ASTM and AASHTO testing standards.
Prime candidates should have a degree in civil engineering or equivalent experience and a minimum of 5 years experience and a proven track record of selling similar technical instruments. These candidates will have knowledge of the materials testing market, preferably construction materials, such as soil, asphalt or concrete and possess sales experience selling to end-users, such as State DOTs, commercial labs, universities and contractors. However, candidates with experience in sales or materials testing will be considered.
The successful candidate will work out of our Raleigh, NC office and be responsible for East-coast sales. The candidate should be results-driven and expected to maintain existing sales contacts, as well as develop new ones while growing sales in the territory. Travel will be required for the position and will involve up to 50% of the time.
- Drive day-to-day sales with regular interaction (personal visits and contact by phone) with distributors, direct customers and/or end users
- Manage the entire sales process from initial inquiry to close, including the generation of quotations and after-sales support
- Develop and maintain key relationships with customers’ decision makers/users in markets including government agencies, universities, laboratories, consultants and contractors
- Responsible for sales of the Humboldt’s product line across the Eastern United States
- Strong focus on Humboldt’s Asphalt equipment line
- Develop and maintain high-level knowledge of products, processes and the latest industry trends
- Perform product demonstrations for customers at trade shows, our office or at customer sites
- Degree in Civil Engineering preferred or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience and a proven track record selling similar technical instruments
- Experience in the Asphalt industry a plus
- Ability to articulate technical information in a simplistic and concise manner
- Material testing equipment sales and/or use experience
- Strong closing skills
- Candidate must be a self-motivated, results-driven professional with self-confidence and discipline to work autonomously, as well as within a team environment.
- Technical competence
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Sound knowledge of PC use and applications — SAP program knowledge a plus
- Willingness to travel up to 50%.
- Competitive salary
- Medical and dental insurance plan
- ESOP/Retirement savings plan
- Paid time off (vacation, holidays, and sick time)
Job Type: Full-time
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org