Technical Sales Engineer
Humboldt Mfg. Co. is a global leader in the manufacturing and distribution of construction material testing equipment for lab and field. Recognized for its high quality, Humboldt’s first-class asphalt, concrete and soils equipment for the civil engineering market is distributed worldwide.
We’re looking for an experienced, results-driven Technical Sales Engineer to join our team. This position is in the Raleigh, NC area office and is targeted to further develop the east coast region. This position requires up to 25% travel.
- Drive day-to-day sales with regular interaction (personal visits and contact by phone) with distributors, direct customers and/or end users.
- Manage the entire sales process from initial inquiry to close, including the generation of quotations and after-sales support.
- Develop and maintain key relationships with customers’ decision makers/users in markets including government agencies, universities, laboratories, consultants and contractors.
- Responsible for sales of the Humboldt’s product line across the eastern United States.
- Strong focus on Humboldt’s Asphalt equipment line.
- Maintain high-level knowledge of products, processes and the latest industry trends.
- Perform product demonstrations at tradeshows, our office or at customer sites;
- Degree in Civil Engineering preferred or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience and a proven track record selling similar technical instruments.
- Experience in the Asphalt industry a plus.
- Ability to articulate technical information in a simplistic and concise manner.
- Material testing equipment sales and/or use experience.
- Strong closing skills.
- Candidate must be a self-motivated, results-driven professional with self-confidence and discipline, plus the ability to work autonomously, as well as within a team environment.
- Technical competence.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Sound knowledge of PC use and applications.
- Willingness to travel 25%.
- Competitive salary.
- Medical and Dental Insurance Plan
- ESOP/Retirement savings plan
- Paid time off (vacation, holidays, and sick time)
Job Type: Full-time
Send resumes to: email@example.com