Smart DCP for Dual-Mass Penetrometers
Smart DCP for Dual-Mass Penetrometers
The Smart DCP makes collecting soil data with your Dynamic Cone Penetrometer much easier by automatically counting blows and eliminating the need for tape, pencils, paper and at times a second operator. Our Smart DCP system is compliant with ASTM standard D6951/D6951M-09. Completed DCP tests can easily and accurately be graphed on the smart device in the field for quick analysis or sent via email to the investigation lead to review in the office.
The Smart DCP achieves this by:
- Automatically counting blows
- Recording the change in depth with each blow
- Tracking the total depth of the probe
- Recording data on Apple iOS and Android smart devices via WIFI
- Eliminating the need for a ruler, pencil, and paper
- Transferring data via e-mail or USB from the smart device
The Smart DCP kit can be mounted to most handheld DCPs on the market and is easily operated by a single person. The Smart DCP kit is protected under U.S. Patents No. 7,617,718, No. 8,033,163, and No. 8,485,024. The investment cost associated with the Smart DCP is quickly realized through the reduction in time spent doing field tests, as well as the increased accuracy and ease of transferring data and creating reports. Users have repeatedly doubled the number of completed tests with increased accuracy when compared to the traditional manual data collection method of using a scale and paper log.
In the field the Smart DCP records data on a smart App. The app and hardware combination makes your handheld DCP automated and will provide you and your client better field results and cost savings. The Smart DCP mobile app is free and available at the iOS App Store or Google Play store. The Smart DCP App immediately provides real time CBR%, depth change between blows, as well as total depth of penetration with each data point. Completed tests can be graphed on the smart device in the field for quick analysis or sent via email to the investigation lead to review in the office. A complimentary desktop application for Window's systems is also available. The desktop application can be used to quickly graph your field data and keep your data organized using the application and Windows Explorer. This program can be downloaded from the following Link or via electronic transmittal.
Smart DCP Features:
- Touchscreen user interface (Android only)
- Real-time display of test data
- Data transfer to computer via WIFI or USB
- Displays mm per blow; blow counts vs. delta distance per blow (mm)
- Displays depth plot; depth (0-100cm) vs. number of blows
- Displays CBR plot; depth (0-100cm) vs. CBR%
- Fast setup / fast deployment
- Uses wireless WIFI laser depth transducer
- ANDROID OS version 2.2 or higher
- WIFI-enabled ANDROID smart phone or tablet
- SD card
The H-4219.30 SmartDCP Includes:
- Carry bag
- Leica Disto E7100i Laser Range Finder with batteries
- Baseplate with laser mount
- Laser target
- Stamped wrench and 1” combination set
Does not include Dual-Mass Dynamic Cone Penetrometer See H-4219T or H-4219QC.
For additional information about SmartDCP, click here.
Manuals, Data Sheets & Safety Data Sheets
H-4219.30-manual (Product Manual PDF)
SmartDCP - Traditional vs. SmartDCP Method
Rather than relying on traditional measurement by hand, our laser...
SmartDCP Adding an Extension
With the new SmartDCP, you can easily add an extension to increase...
SmartDCP - Assembly and Operation
This demonstration shows us step by step how to assemble and use the...
SmartDCP - Syncing with a Device
One of the added benefits of the SmartDCP is the ability to sync the...
SmartDCP - Downloading the App
The incorporation of App technology makes the new SmartDCP the most...
SmartDCP - Pausing the Test
If you ever find you need to pause a test in the middle of the...
SmartDCP - Field Plotting of the Data
The SmartDCP provides vastly improved accuracy and ease of collecting...