Consolidation Frame, Dead-Weight
Consolidation Frame, Dead-Weight
Supports the following standards: ASTM D2435, ASTM D5333, ASTM D4546, AASHTO T216, BS 1377:5
Able to survive in even the harshest laboratory environments, the HM-1100A will provide you with reliable service day-in and day-out. The design features a rugged frame manufactured from aluminum with stainless steel vertical rods, horizontal cross arms and beam support rods. The load arm incorporates 9:1, 10:1, and 11:1 beam ratios for greater flexibility and loading weight requirements. Using the 10:1 ratio on 2.5" (63 mm) diameter samples, the system is capable of producing loads up to 48 tsf (4,597 kPa).
The HM-1100A is sold without instrumentation. It can be configured as a standard unit with a mechanical dial gauge or when coupled with one of the Humboldt data loggers, the HM-1100A can be equipped with a digital indicator or with a strain transducer (LSCT). See the Specs tab above for a list of items needed for these setups. These additional items are listed on the Accessories tab above.
- Triple beam ratios minimize loading weight requirements
- 48 tsf (5,148 kPa) maximum load capacity
- Aluminum and stainless steel construction for corrosion resistance and long life
- Wide range of consolidation cells available in fixed ring, floating ring, permeability and back-pressure designs
- Loading weights available in both, tsf and kg versions
- Basic unit does not include a gauge, order gauge separately
- The HM-1100A can also be paired with our Data Loggers with digital indicators or strain transducers (LSCT).
Order Consolidation Cells, Gauges and Instrumentation Separately
DATA ACQUISITION SETUP FOR HM-1100A
Data Acquisition and Control for both the HM-1100A Dead-weight consolidation machine can be achieved with the use of one of Humboldt‘s 4-channel data loggers. The touch-screen monitor of the data logger provides test control and live test monitoring in either a stand-alone or computer-controlled configuration.
With the HM-1100A, dead-weight loads are controlled by physically adding weights to the consolidation frame. The data logger provides four (4) integral and independent data acquisition channels, which can be utilized in stand-alone configurations or accessed through a LAN-networked computer using Humboldt's NEXT Basic software
Stand-Alone Test Monitoring
The touch-screen controller provides you with full, graphical monitoring of testing functions in a stand-alone application. The seven-inch, waterproof screen on the Humboldt Data Loggers provides at-a-glance monitoring of testing functions, in a real-time graphical display, without the use of a computer, building upon Humboldt‘s dedication to modular, stand-alone data acquisition.
In a stand-alone application, you will be able to run tests and display results while viewing tabulation, basic x-y graphs and instrument readings in real-time during the test, using user-defined, basic data acquisition. Test data is stored in the device and can be downloaded to a USB drive via the machine's FRONT USB port or the data can be transferred to a computer via the LAN port.
- 4-channel data acquisition
- Hi-res, 7", waterproof, touch-screen provides total control and real-time graphical display of tests
- Machine/Test control and data acquisition via touch-screen
Computer Test Monitoring
Humboldt‘s NEXT Basic software can be downloaded from: https://www.humboldtmfg.com/support/software.php for use with a Humboldt data logger and computer. This software provides basic data acquisition and report generation for those using a computer for this purpose.
In addition, you can purchase Humboldt‘s HM-5100SW Consolidation module for consolidation test-specific set up and monitoring of the testing function.
- Data acquisition via a networked computer
- Provides the ability to use Humboldt's NEXT Software‘s HM-5100SW consolidation module
- Real-time graphical chart and numerical display of tests via computer display
- Effective sampling rate of 50 readings/sec.
- Stores unlimited tests with up to 3000 points per test.
|Load capacity:||48 tsf (4597 kPa)|
|Beam Ratios:||9:1, 10:1 and 11:1|
|Frame Construction:||Heavy-duty aluminum frame with stainless steel vertical, horizontal and beam support rods|
|Cell Platform:||Anodized aluminum with locating pins for centering cells.|
|Dimensions (W x D x H):||7.75" x 32" x 19.5 (197 x 812 x 495 mm)|
|Net weight:||47 lbs (21kg)|
Typical Setup for HM-1100A Dead-weight Consolidation:
|HM-1100A||1||Consolidation Frame, Dead-Weight|
|HM-1120||1||Weight Set Consolidation Testing Weight Set, 16 TSF|
|HM-1220.20||1||Fixed Ring Consolidation Cell Consolidation Cell Part, Fixed Ring, 2.0"|
|H-4471CC||1||Dial Gauge, Range: .500", Division: .0001", Dia.: 2.25", Brake: No, Counter-Clockwise|